Friday 26 December 2008

“COMMUNITY POLITICIAN” – OUT AND ABOUT IN EAST MARSH ON BOXING DAY

As you know it’s 26 December, Boxing Day - a day of rest for many people. But, for others we have been pounding the streets; delivering calendars to our local residents.

It’s just one of those things Liberal Democrat Councillors do each year just before the New Year. I usually, leave it until just before Christmas and start on the 23 December and aim to finish before the 3 January at the latest - weather permitting, but you can never plan for the unpredictable. However, some Councillors literally detest getting out there, and they are still often delivering the calendars in late January or early February.

Even though it’s a bit of a chore, but it’s great fun. I have often wondered how many pairs of shoes I have worn out walking around East Marsh leafleting; up and down all the streets and then we have six multi-story blocks to leaflet with just over 90 flats in each block. But, still I pride myself on being one of the fittest Councillors in the whole of the Borough.

Indeed, that’s why I have decided to give the blog a refresh today; as you can see I am now a “Community Politician, and now I am about to email a couple of officers with a few complaints that I received while I was out and about – I just wonder if I will get an answer today?

No comments: