Friday 31 July 2009

TWO VICTORIES IN ONE DAY; I MUST BE ON A ROLE!


Following on from my previous post regarding “A New Library for the East Marsh”; this was not my only success at today’s Planning Committee. Unusually, I was able to claim a second success and this time I was able to persuade the committee to overturn an officer’s recommendation, and that is something that doesn’t happen too often.

The application was for modest housing development – of just 8 houses. But, in many ways it was crucial and very important development for the East Marsh. At present the site “Horseman Motors” (pictured) has fallen into disrepair, and is magnate for anti-social behaviour, fly-tipping and is in desperate need of regeneration.

Therefore, as a local councillor I was absolutely “over the moon” when I heard about this potential development, and naturally I thought it would go through on the nod. However, as usual it wasn’t to be, and I had to fight all the way; by taking to committee and arguing my case.

This is naturally great news for the East Marsh and the local residents who live close-by. And, can I personally thank the developers and wish them well with their future plans for the new development.

No comments: